RBGN (Review of Business Management), supported by: Strategic Management (STR) Division of the Academy of Management in Collaboration with Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico) and INCAE Business School (Costa Rica) CALL FOR PDW SUBMISSIONS.
To apply for this PDW, please submit (before March 27th, 2023) a single PDF file containing 1) a title and author page, and 2) an extended one-page abstract of an unpublished manuscript that you wish to develop further during the workshop. The topic must fit within the broad context of strategic management. The abstract should include an explanation as to the purpose of the paper, the theoretical background and, for empirical papers, the methodological approach. Upon acceptance to the workshop (April 24th), participants will have the opportunity to revise and finalize their paper up to May 29th, 2023. Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to ([email protected]) using the subject line STR PDW 2023.
Only submissions in English will be accepted
Papers accepted to the PDW will be assigned to a senior scholar who will take the role of discussant. The discussants will be experienced academics from AOM/STR and international Associate Editors of the Journal RBGN.
- Deadline for proposal (abstract) submissions: March 27th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: April 24th, 2023
- Deadline for submission of the full paper for the PDW (for accepted proposals): May 29th, 2023
- PDW sessions: June 26th and 27th, 2023.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: In this PDW we are honoured to have the presence of Felipe Csaszar
● TOPIC: Searching Under Multiple Goals: Challenges and Opportunities for Latin American researchers. Felipe is a professor of strategy and chair of the Strategy Department at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business. His research focuses on combining formal modelling and empirical approaches to understand how firms can make better strategic decisions. His work has been published in top academic journals including Management Science, Organization Science, Strategy Science, and the Strategic Management Journal. Felipe sits on the editorial board of Academy of Management Review, Strategy Science, Strategic Organization and serves as senior editor for Organization Science.
Key features of this PDW include:
● Best papers can be selected for a fast-track review process at RBGN, the Latin American Journal with the highest Impact Factor in Open Access in Business & Management on Journal Citations Report (JCR).
● The event is free and there will be a certificate for participants who attend all sessions. Website https://str.aom.org/ - Twitter - Instagram: @AOM_STR
● During the roundtable sessions, authors will make a short presentation to share their work with other participants, followed by the senior discussant and general Q&A.
● There will be opportunities to meet other scholars and build your network through breakout sessions.
● We expect participants to attend all sessions, making the time commitment to be present during the two conference days.
● The workshop will be held in English primarily. All submissions must be in that language.
● Edgar Ramírez, Head of Family Firms Researh Group of Tecnológico de Monterrey, and STR Global Representative LA North
● Carlos Rodríguez, INCAE Business School, Past STR Global Representative LA North
● Eduardo Armando, Associate Editor of RBGN (Review of Business Management)